Thursday, July 24, 2008

Michigan Trip Continued

So we finally made it to Jason's parents house but not before receiving a little souvenir from Michigan's finest. We drove 1300 miles and 30 miles before our final destination JASON got a speeding ticket. Well, who knew that in Michigan if you are from out of state and receive a ticket you either pay cash on the spot or they take your license. Don't think for a minute I was letting him get away with them taking his license and ME having to drive the 1300 miles home. I was quick to come up with that cash.
We made it to Jason's parents house where the kickball and ladder ball games quickly begun. Look at the expressions on their faces. You would think they were throwing 50 pound weights.




After the game it was time for a break. Chandler, Gracie our goddaughter, Autumn, and Rylee our niece.




Our second day was the annual Pioneer Days Parade and Festival. Autumn enjoyed being in the parade this year with Jason's uncle. She threw about 3 boxes of candy through the course of the parade. Chandler and our niece Rylee enjoyed watching the parade and catching bags full of candy. I have so many pictures from the parade and the kids festival I tried to narrow it down for you.
















After the parade my conversation with Chandler went something a little like this: "Mom I have to use the bathroom" "O.K. Chandler let's go. There it is go ahead" "Mom that is not it" " Yes it is if you have to go you better go ahead." With a look of disbelief he decided to go ahead and see for himself. I could not resist taking a picture.





Then it was on to the games where he of course was the first to find the baseball game.





Autumn could not be outdone she had to try also.






This is Autumn telling Gracie she has to leave for a minute to go and get a tattoo.






I am not sure if I should be more concerned about the fact that 1. she wanted a tattoo 2. where she wanted the placement of the tattoo or 3. the fact that the man doing the tattoos for the children had on a shirt that said Sugardaddy. That was a little scary.







We had a great time at Pioneer Days and ended the night watching the fireworks.


While at Jason's aunt and uncle's house I told Jason, his brother Jeremy and Taylor that I wanted to get a good picture of the three of them. This is where that statement got me.










I apologize for the beads Jason is wearing he should have done a better job of matching them to his outfit. Ha Ha


Since this is my blog and you Jeremy would not pose for my picture you have forced me to post this ....



You should have gone to the porta potty with Chandler . Next time act nice when I want a posed picture.


And for you my loving husband, I asked Autumn to show me with her face how good you are at basketball and this was her response:



I assume that means pretty stinky. Next time you also will pose for my picture.


And for you Taylor since I like you better than your dad and uncle I post this picture, your perfect golf swing.



That about sums up our trip to Michigan.


Have a great night.


Take Care

Michelle
































1 comment:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Just to let you know... on my blog, the picture next to my mom is one of my former patients. His name is Brandon and he has spina bifida. Apparently he DREAMS of having a goatee and his jersey is the new Orleans Saints. I don't have any idea why he thinks people call him "bubba" because they don't ! Melanie