Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Final September Birthday Party!

On Sunday we finally celebrated the last of the September Birthdays. It takes alot of food to feed our family. My sister Jennifer and I worked together to make sure we cooked all of the Birthday people their favorites. In the picture below is my mom (Gucky), long time family friends Rick and Lisa, and my wonderful Grandparents Granny and Papa.



It may have taken us all day to cook for everyone but by the look of the empty plates everyone enjoyed it. Not a very good picture below but, my dad is at the head of the table in the green shirt my sister is standing and another long time family friend Arlene is in the pink shirt. Notice the paper plates. I love my family but I did not intend to wash dishes all day.



For some reason in our family store bought birthday cakes will not do. Everyone makes a request for their favorite Birthday cake made by Granny. Notice the three cakes pineapple, chocolate, and chocolate chip.





We had to sing Happy Birthday with each and every cake.
Happy Birthday Brooke and Gucky!



Gucky goes a little over board on Birthday presents.

Before:




After:




I don't think I have mentioned that Taylor has not had a cell phone since July when he in jumped into the pool with his in his pocket. Since he only had that phone for 3-4 months I refused to purchase him another one for $300. Apparently this is reason to alert the media for a 15 year old to not have a cell phone. Keep in mind I have still been paying the monthly bill for this phone since the contract does not expire until December. Gucky and PawPaw (my parents) decided they would get Taylor a new phone as well as put him on their plan for his birthday. I love grandparents. That was a gift for me just as much as Taylor. No more monthly bill for him YES!!! Taylor is so excited to have a phone again. He must have cramps in his fingers from texting non stop!!!



Well, the September birthday parties are officially over.

Tomorrow I will be telling you what makes an Awesome Aunt.

Take Care,
Michelle

Please say a prayer for my blogging friend Lindsay. Her mom is having some trying times and needs our prayer. http://www.lindsayandjohn.blogspot.com ( I can not figure out how to link without typing in the web site)


























2 comments:

MLP said...

I love your blog! What a beautiful family and a beautiful home! Your family likes to celebrate birthdays like mine does! SOOO fun!

RADstitches said...

Hey there! Now I remember that we discussed the leg shaving!! Now I am with ya!! Hey, I need you to email me with the mailing address, email addy, and what kind of decor you like for fall! I got a couple of girls that want me to pick their swap person so they can shop this weekend!!! larbarnett@alltel.net

Thanks,
Robin
radstitches.blogspot.com