Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jesse Is the Bomb!!!

Thank you Jesse for my new banner. She has way to much talent for one person. I think she should share at least a little bit of it with the rest of us. If you are interested in a new banner you definitely need to contact Jesse she is so creative.

We had a busy week-end but no pictures to prove it. Friday night Gucky, Jennifer ( my sister) and I decided we would participate in the neighborhood yard sale at Gucky's house. I had about one hour between the time I got home from work and the time the football game started to run through my house and come up with things for the sale. I could have stayed home from the football game to do this but of course there is no way I was missing a game. By the time I finished going through my house it looked like we had be robbed. LOL The yard sale was a success. All three of us sold 95% of the things we had put out to sale. I could not believe how many people came to the neighborhood for the sale. We had people at the house from 7:00am until noon non-stop. Chandler had a football game at 1:30 and they finally won a game 21-19!!
I can't be so happy about the high school game Friday night. They lost 21-14. It rained the entire game. By the time we got home it looked like we had been swimming with our clothes on. Taylor did find out yesterday that he will be playing with the varsity team for the remainder of the season. They will be playing Lowdnes County Friday night. They are ranked #5 in the NATION in class AAAAA. That should be an interesting game.

On Sunday the kids and I went to Homecoming at my grandparents church. Granny and Papa were so happy to have us there and we were glad to be there with them.

Last night Chandler had another football game and they won again. 2 games in a row I can hardly believe it!

I have to tell you a quick funny story about Chandler. On Monday nights we (the booster club) feed the football team dinner after their practice. Last night after we had served all of the players I made a plate of spaghetti, garlic bread, and cookies for Autumn and Chandler and sent them to sit down and eat. Once I sat down with the other parents and head coach to eat I realized OH NO..... Chandler has a game in an hour. I quickly told Chandler to stop eating the spaghetti and drinking the red
Kool-aid. (This would not be a good thing to be sick on while playing football) One of the dads said to Chandler "at least you are quaterback and don't have to worry about getting tackled or hit in the stomach". Chandler with his sweet, innocent 8 year old voice looked up at the head coach of the high school varsity team and said " he has never seen my offensive line" . In other words he gets tackled ALOT!!! That kid keeps me laughing each and every day.

Have a great night.

Take Care,
Michelle

1 comment:

Jessi said...

You are too sweet :)
Your blog is looking pretty nifty!